Connect with us

Crime

China gives additional Rs6m to families of killed cops

Published

on

ISLAMABAD: Chinese authorities have given an additional Rs 6 million to the families of policemen who were killed during an attack on Chinese Consulate in Karachi.
Chinese Consul General Wang Yu handed over the cheques to the family members in a ceremony held in Central Police Office (CPO) Karachi. The families were also given Rs 6 million earlier.
Wang Yu told that citizens of China are collecting donations to raise money to help the families of the two policemen.
Sindh Inspector General Kaleem Imam thanked the Chinese authorities for their compassion. Slain police officer Ashraf Dawood and constable Mohammad Amir were shot dead during last week’s attack on the Chinese Consulate General.

Relevant pieces published earlier: 

Chinese present cheque of Rs 1m for martyred cops’ families

Enhancing security of Chinese citizens in Pakistan!

US condemns Orakzai and Chinese CG attacks!

Chinese Consulate under attack (TEXT AND VIDEO)

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Crime

NAB arrests four Revenue officials for selling govt land

Published

on

QUETTA: National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Balochistan on Tuesday arrested four officials of Provincial Revenue Department including Ex Tehseeldars, Naib Tehseeldar and Patwari for selling government land in Gwadar.

According to a statement, the accused included Ex-Tehseeldars Gwadar Mohammad Jan Baloch, Mohammad Jan Jamaldini, Naib Tehsildar Agha Zafar Hussain and Abdul Hafeez Patwari in connivance with other revenue officers and private persons tempered revenue record and sold the land causing huge loss to the national exchequer.

Taking action on evidences surfaced during the probe into the matter, DG NAB Balochistan Mohammad Abid Javed issued arrest warrants of the accused.

They were held and shifted to NAB Balochistan office.

Further probe was underway.

 

 

app

Continue Reading

Crime

Turkey issues warrants for soldiers over FETO links

Published

on

Turkish scientific research base in Antarctica

ISTANBUL: Turkey is seeking over 50 serving soldiers across the nation for their suspected links to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO), the group behind the 2016 defeated coup, judicial sources said on Tuesday.

Istanbul Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office issued the warrants for 53 active-duty soldiers, who are accused of communicating with FETO members through pay phones and land phones, as part of a probe into FETO presence in Turkish Armed Forces.

Police launched simultaneous operations in 15 provinces, including Istanbul, for the suspects working for the gendarmerie branch of Turkish Armed Forces, as well as Land, Air and Naval Forces Command.

Police hunt for the suspects is ongoing across the country.

According to the Turkish government, FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016, which left 251 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.

Ankara also accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.

 

 

app

Continue Reading

Crime

Victims of Church sex abuse go global with fight for justice

Published

on

PARIS: After years of struggling alone or finding support in national groups, survivors of sex abuse by priests have formed a new international alliance to pressure the Catholic Church to face up to its crimes.

The group, called Ending Clerical Abuse (ECA), brings together activists from dozens of countries on several continents, and will be mobilised in Rome this week when Pope Francis hosts a hotly awaited summit on tackling the wave of child sex abuse scandals shaking the Catholic Church.

“It’s a momentous and a historic movement… to bring a global and unified voice,” one of its co-founders, Peter Saunders, told media.

“This is the first truly global initiative.”

Saunders’ personal story is among countless others suffered by people who grouped together to form ECA last June, including survivors from Chile, Poland, Switzerland, France, Italy, the Democratic Republic of Congo and other countries.

“I was abused at seven years old by a family member. I was also sexually abused by two Jesuit priests at my secondary school at about 12 years of age,” he said.

The same priest targeted his brother Michael at the same school six years before him, and died aged 55 after a lifelong battle with drug and alcohol abuse.

“I think the Church has been resisting change for many, many years and I think at long last the Church is beginning to bow to the pressure put on by survivors, by our media colleagues around the world, and by public opinion,” he added.

The group’s objectives include forcing the Church to take a “zero tolerance” approach to paedophilia, working to overturn the statute of limitations on abuse cases, and supporting victims in areas where speaking out remains difficult, such as in various African and Asian countries.

 

 

app

Continue Reading

News Pakistan Trending