ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar on Thursday remarked the courts did not grant permission to former president Pervez Musharraf to leave the country rather it was the then government who did so.
Chief Justice remarked while heading a three-member bench hearing the case related to National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO), passed by Musharraf in 2007.
During the course of proceedings, Akhtar Shah counsel for former president submitted the reply regarding Musharraf return to the country and requested the bench to keep his client’s illness confidential.
Justice Nisar, responding to the lawyer said treatment of such diseases was possible in Pakistan, Musharraf should return and record his statement under Section 342 in the treason case.
The CJ said that Dubai was not the best place for such treatment and there were good doctors in Pakistan.
Musharraf’s counsel then said, “If it is necessary for Musharraf to return then he should be allowed to visit a doctor and his name should not be placed on the Exit Control List (ECL).
No one will arrest former president General Pervez Musharraf but I cannot say anything regarding the removal of his name from ECL, he replied.
Akhtar Shah apprised the court that the former president left the country after getting permission from the courts. To this CJ clarified, “We are saying it again, we did not grant permission to Musharraf to leave the country it was the then government who allowed him.”
CJ said, “We cannot put anyone’s life at risk adding that he should come to record his statement and whenever he wants to leave for the treatment he can.”
Subsequently, counsel for former Attorney General, Malik Mujammad Qayyum sought time from the bench to submit a reply in the case. The bench while granting him one week time adjourned further hearing of the case till the first week of November.
High Comm. starts Online Appointment System for Attestation
LONDON: Pakistan High Commission London has decided to launch Online Appointment System from December 17 for the smooth functioning of the attestation process of the general public.
According to a statement of the High Commission issued here Friday, this step has been taken to facilitate the Pakistani community.
The PHC statement said that It has been observed that there is a long queue for Attestation at the Pakistan High Commission London every day.
” Resultantly, this makes hard for staff members to facilitate the public in scheduled time and proper manner.”, it added. Initially, the High Commission will accommodate applicants without any prior appointment till December 31 but priority will be given to those applicants who have booked their appointments online.
After the deadline, no applicant will be served without an online appointment at the High Commission. Appointments can be booked on the below-mentioned website:
“Our Diaspora in London is requested to please cooperate in this regard with High Commission enabling us to provide better Attestation Service”, PHC statement concluded.
Fed. Govt. restores licenses issued for prohibited bore weapons
ISLAMABAD: Federal Government has restored all licenses issued earlier for automatic weapons within the prohibited bore.
According to the Ministry of Interior notification: “Federal Government is pleased to notify that all arms licenses of automatic weapons within Prohibited Bore suspended vide the aforementioned notification are now treated to be valid…The ban imposed on the issuance of Non-Prohibited Bore Arms license is lifted with immediate effect”.
The ban on the issuance of arms licenses for Prohibited Bore category [to the extent of General Officers or equivalent, officers or other ranks of the Military in accordance with Army Regulations (Instructions) 2000] has also been lifted. It is pertinent to mention here that these licenses were suspended last year on 26th of December.
Terrosism: 6 security personnel lost lives in Turbat
QUETTA: An intelligence-based operation was conducted on a terrorists’ hideout in Wakai area near Buleda, Turbat, Balochistan on Friday.
Terrorists targeted one of the vehicles of security forces through the improvised explosive device (IED) and as a result, six security personnel embraced Shahadat (martyrdom), said a press release issued by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR). In exchange of fire four terrorists were killed.