ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday strongly rejected the ongoing arms race in the region, however, said it was ready to thwart any threat to its stability.
“In case of any external threat, we and our forces are ready to give a befitting response,” Foreign Office Spokesman Muhammad Faisal said in response to a question on India’s recent $5 billion deal to purchase S-400 missile system from Russia.
The Spokesman at a weekly press briefing here said the government had a stated position on this issue and its manifesto clearly emphasized directing resources to human and economic development.
He said Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi would represent the country at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization’s (SCO) 17th Council of Head of Government Meeting in Dushanbe, Tajikistan on October 11-12.
When asked about any chance of meeting between the foreign ministers of Pakistan and India during the SCO conclave, the Spokesman said Pakistan would not again make a request for any such meeting.
He recalled that Prime Minister Imran Khan had formally sent a letter to his Indian counterpart for the two foreign ministers’ meeting at the UN General Assembly Forum and said that “Pakistan would not repeatedly make such requests”.
He regretted that India was reluctant to hold talks with Pakistan and was avoiding discussing several important issues.
“On the other hand, Pakistan is not shying away from anything and is not running any secret policy,” he said. The Spokesman said new Attorney General would lead the case of Indian spy Kulbhushan Jhadav at the public hearing by International Court of Justice (ICJ) on February 18-19, 2019.
He termed as “sham” the local body elections in Indian held Kashmir and also highlighted the continuous human rights violations in the valley.
On Saudi Arabia’s inclusion in the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the Spokesman said Pakistan and Saudi Arabia held discussions on the matter, however, details had not been worked out.
He clarified that both China and Pakistan were open to the third-party inclusion in the project, however, said that “the agreement was not being reviewed”.
Whether Pakistan was going to play a mediatory role in Middle East conflict, the Spokesman said Pakistan was ready to play such role subject to a request by the parties, which so far, had not been made.
High Comm. starts Online Appointment System for Attestation
LONDON: Pakistan High Commission London has decided to launch Online Appointment System from December 17 for the smooth functioning of the attestation process of the general public.
According to a statement of the High Commission issued here Friday, this step has been taken to facilitate the Pakistani community.
The PHC statement said that It has been observed that there is a long queue for Attestation at the Pakistan High Commission London every day.
” Resultantly, this makes hard for staff members to facilitate the public in scheduled time and proper manner.”, it added. Initially, the High Commission will accommodate applicants without any prior appointment till December 31 but priority will be given to those applicants who have booked their appointments online.
After the deadline, no applicant will be served without an online appointment at the High Commission. Appointments can be booked on the below-mentioned website:
“Our Diaspora in London is requested to please cooperate in this regard with High Commission enabling us to provide better Attestation Service”, PHC statement concluded.
Fed. Govt. restores licenses issued for prohibited bore weapons
ISLAMABAD: Federal Government has restored all licenses issued earlier for automatic weapons within the prohibited bore.
According to the Ministry of Interior notification: “Federal Government is pleased to notify that all arms licenses of automatic weapons within Prohibited Bore suspended vide the aforementioned notification are now treated to be valid…The ban imposed on the issuance of Non-Prohibited Bore Arms license is lifted with immediate effect”.
The ban on the issuance of arms licenses for Prohibited Bore category [to the extent of General Officers or equivalent, officers or other ranks of the Military in accordance with Army Regulations (Instructions) 2000] has also been lifted. It is pertinent to mention here that these licenses were suspended last year on 26th of December.
Terrosism: 6 security personnel lost lives in Turbat
QUETTA: An intelligence-based operation was conducted on a terrorists’ hideout in Wakai area near Buleda, Turbat, Balochistan on Friday.
Terrorists targeted one of the vehicles of security forces through the improvised explosive device (IED) and as a result, six security personnel embraced Shahadat (martyrdom), said a press release issued by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR). In exchange of fire four terrorists were killed.