ISLAMABAD: A two member bench of the apex court today rejected former Malir Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Rao Anwar’s petition to have his name removed from the exit control list (ECL).
Anwar had filed a petition to the SC requesting to strike off his name from the ECL on account of performing Umrah and attending the wedding of his daughter abroad.
Anwar’s counsel filed the petition stating that his client was out on bail and his family lives abroad. He wants to meet them and also wants to perform Umrah with his family.
CJP suggested that Anwar’s family be called to Pakistan as he set aside the petition.
“Until the trial is over, Rao Anwar will stay in Pakistan,” he said.
Opposition to protest in and out of Parliament!
ISLAMABAD: Leaders of the opposition parties who were invited here at Zardari House for an Iftar-Dinner, proclaimed that they will commence protests against the Govt. after Eid-ul-Fitr.
It has been decided that an All Parties Conference (APC) will be held after Eid in order to figure out the modus operand and dates of manifestations in and out of the parliament.
A relevant piece published earlier:
Measures to avoid electrocution!
PESHAWAR: Chief Executive PESCO Dr. Muhammad Amjad Khan said here today it was important to adopt precautionary measures to avoid electrocution.
In a statement issued here from Wapda House, he directed technical staff to adopt precautionary measures for avoiding electrocution adding he also directed line staff should avoid start of work without PTW (Permit to work) and assurance of power shutdown..Poles on both the sides must be properly earthen for the safety of technical staff working online or pole adding he said use of safety belt, helmet and rubber gloves essential during work.
PESCO also requested customers to adopt precautionary measures to avoid electric shocks for their own safety in rains so that precious human lives and property could be secured. These safety measures include to properly “earthen” your electrical appliances and replace or tape all worn out wires and not to touch electrical appliances and cables with wet hands. The public is also requested to be careful and attentive while using Electric Water Pumps and other Electrical appliances.
Boat Capsized: Search for bodies continues!
HYDERABAD: The search operation to find the missing dead bodies of six persons, who drowned in Indus river after their boat capsized in the midst of the sand storm, continued on Sunday with only one body found during the day.
The Deputy Commissioner Jamshoro Capt (R) Fariddudin Mustafa informed that so far only 3 out of 8 drowned persons, including 2 women and a child, had been pulled out so far. The dead bodies of the women were found on Saturday night, he added.
He told that the search operation continued since morning till evening on Sunday before it was suspended before sunset. He added that the operation, in which a team of Pakistan Navy besides Edhi volunteers was also participating, would resume on Monday morning.
The deceased include 50 years old Aasat, 35 years old Qaima, 30 years old Gulzadi, 35 years old Popri and her son one-year-old Imran, 25 years old Shahzadi and her son two years old Ahmed and one-year-old Abdul Wahab.
All of them were Maachi by the cast. The bodies of Aasat, Popri, and Imran have been fished out so far.
According to the police and the district administration, the boat capsized while returning from Matiari district on Saturday evening.