Connect with us

Crime

Supreme Court bans Bahria Town’s illegal construction: Public’s billions go down the drain!

Published

on

NEWSPAKISTAN.TV REPORT

KARACHI: Supreme Court of Pakistan has imposed ban on the illegal construction work that was being carried out on the phase III and IV of the controversial Bahria Town here in the Port City.

Public who had invested billions of rupees on the unlawful project is panicked to see their lifetime savings go down the drain.

According to details the land on which Bahria Town was constructing Phase III and IV originally belongs to a Hindu citizen.

Bahria Town encroached upon the said territory, reckoning that as Government land, and allotted the plots.

But after hearing the case, Apex Court has passed judgment in favor of the said owner who belongs to the minority community.

Subsequently, Supreme Court has ordered Bahria Town to vacate the terrain on which it was building its phase III and IV unlawfully.

Alarmed Bahria Town Management is now endeavoring to pull wool over the Supreme Court eye by putting mud on the routes saying those were built long time ago.  

According to sources the future of Bahria Town is at great risk on one end and on the other end citizens who had handed over billions of rupees to Bahria Town are shocked foreseeing the looming debacle. The public’s sole hope for justice is from the courts.

It is pertinent to mention here that hundreds of cases are pending against Bahria Town in courts and stay had also been ordered in many cases. Yet Bahria Town’s relentless illicit expansion goes on unabated.

Bahria Town has allegedly usurped 40,000 acres of land while originally it was only granted 1330 acres.

Since reportedly the Police is also teaming-up with Bahria Town, Rangers have been instructed to implement the court’s orders.

Due to the raids carried out by Rangers for a week now the work at Bahria Town’s Phase II, III and IV has been stopped. As soon as the Bahria Town management sees Rangers approaching they put their laborers out of sight.

Affectees have appealed the court to order establishment of permanent posts around the Bahria Town manned by Rangers personnel.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Crime

15 killed in ongoing militants attack on Kenya hotel complex

Published

on

NAIROBI: Fifteen people have died in a terrorists attack on an upmarket hotel complex in Nairobi, Kenyan police sources said Wednesday, as fresh explosions and gunfire rang out in the siege which stretched into its second day.

Security forces worked throughout the night to secure the DusitD2 compound, which includes a 101-room hotel, spa, restaurant and office buildings, after an attack claimed by Al-Shabaab militants on Tuesday afternoon.

At least one suicide bomber blew himself up at the hotel while gunmen sprayed fire before engaging security forces and holing themselves up at the premises as civilians fled or barricaded themselves in their offices awaiting rescue.

“We have 15 people dead as of now and that includes foreigners,” a police said.

Among the dead was an American citizen, a State Department official said.

A second police source confirmed the toll but warned “there are areas not yet accessed but that’s what we know so far.”

After 12 hours trapped inside the complex, a group of dozens of people was freed at 3:30am (1230GMT).

“We still believe there are two or three attackers in specific locations,” the first police officer said. “The situation is far from over.”

The second police officer said that at one point they had been sure the attackers had been neutralised after a long period without shooting, however gunfire resumed again after 2am.

Further explosions and gunfire were heard shortly before dawn, with no official word on how many people were still trapped inside.

“There is a floor where they are shooting from, we still believe there are people there,” he said, after reports that a large number of people had fled upstairs.

 

 

app

Continue Reading

Crime

PMDC takes action against doctors with invalid registration

Published

on

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) Tuesday taken strict action against the doctors having invalid council registration.

According to PMDC, the council has decided to ensure the countrywide renewal and registration process of doctors within a month.

It added, the council took this action on the direction of Senate health committee and directed all the doctors with invalid registrations to renew their registrations immediately in order to practice medicine.

It said as per Pakistan Registration of Medical and Dental Practitioners Regulations, 2008 “Practitioner means a medical practitioner or a dentist possessing any recognized medical or dental qualification whose name is maintained on the register of the council”.

Talking to media, Acting Registrar PMDC Dr Sitara Hassan said that as per part II of regulation (9) “only those names shall be retained on the register who have paid the dues of the council and only these names shall be considered to have valid registration”.

She said that the medical and dental practitioners, specialists, faculty with expired and invalid registration and medical officers have been directed in their own interest to get their PMDC registration renewed as per PMDC Ordinance 1962 amended through an Act 2012 within a month, failing which PMDC will initiate strict action in exercise of its powers conferred under PMDC ordinance 1962.

She added that the details of doctors with invalid registrations status is also available on PMDC website.

 

app

Continue Reading

Crime

SC dismisses Bahria Town’s Rs 250b offer to avoid legal proceedings

Published

on

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court Tuesday dismissed an offer of Bahria Town to deposit Rs 250 billion in the apex court’s dams fund to avoid legal proceedings for illegally acquiring land.
A three-judge special bench of the apex court was hearing a case pertaining to the implementation of its 4th May, 2018 verdict against the Bahria Town.
During the course of proceedings, Bahria Town’s counsel Barrister Ali Zafar offered Rs 200 billion for the dams fund to waive charges against the real estate developer for its projects in Karachi, Islamabad and Murree.
Justice Azmat Saeed observed that three separate verdicts had been passed against Bahria Town, which should offer reasonable amount of fine separately for each case.
He said a fine of Rs 285 billion had been imposed on Bahria Town in 2004. “If the fine money is increased by 40 percent, it will come to Rs 300 billion.”
To this, Ali Zafar increased the offer to Rs 250 billion.
The court observed, “This is not a suitable way to deal with the Supreme Court. We may ask the National Accountability Bureau to file a reference.”
Subsequently, the council sought a one week’s time to file a reply.
Accepting his request, the court directed Bahria Town to submit separate offers in writing in all the three cases.
In its 4th May judgment, the court had declared the grant of land to the Malir Development Authority (MDA) and its exchange with the land of Bahria Town illegal and void. It had also directed NAB to continue its probe into the matters of the developer.

Continue Reading

News Pakistan Trending